Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good afternoon, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good afternoon, Joe. I thought you had abandoned me.
JOE: Perish the thought. My internet connection suddenly died on Sunday afternoon and I lost contact with the electronic world, phone included. But I have not forgotten you.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad. Did you get any writing done in the meantime?
JOE: Yes. I was able to complete two and a half chapters of Martal Property during the cyber-hiatus.
CALLIOPE: At least you didn't sit around twiddling your thumbs. Any other adventures.
JOE: I developed new business cards for my writing and psychology practice which I will limit to marriage counseling and chemical dependency evaluations from now on. I also completed a brochure on my private practice activities.
CALLIOPE: You have been busy. Any word on the publishing front?
JOE: No. I am still waiting to hear from my publisher friend and movie producer. If I don't hear from either of them by the end of the week I will proceed with my efforts to find an agent on my own at least until I tire of it.
CALLIOPE: Then what?
JOE: I will again consider self publishing. I guess I would rather not resort to that but I may have to. That's about it for now.

(Spiral staircase at Charlotte Lighthouse- Rochester, NY)

No comments: