Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Better. I am ready for a return to my usual self after dragging around for a couple days.
CALLIOPE: Did it slow you down?
JOE: Not really. I finished composing The Pastor's Inferno in Pagemaker. It is ready to convert to a PDF if I decide to pursue self publishing.
CALLIOPE: Good. How about Marital Property?
JOE: I did some work on that as well. My main characters are set for further get-togethers with best friends and siblings. The children are also trying to figure out how to manage what is going on.
CALLIOPE: Is that going smoothly?
JOE: Yes, but a little slow. I am working on incorporating Vineyard details and have realized I don't know quite as much about the place as I thought.
CALLIOPE: Accuracy does take some doing. Anything new on the publishing front?
JOE: Not yet. I am trying to be patient but nothing seems to be happening so far. I am wondering if I should approach more agents and if so, what I could do differently.
CALLIOPE: You seem to have done what you can on your own. The only other option seems to arrange an introduction.
JOE: Easier said than done. But I will keep my eyes and ears open for oipportunities.
CALLIOPE: What's on the docket for today?
JOE: More work on Marital Property. I also have a column to write for Saturday's Daily News.
CALLIOPE: You better get on it.
JOE: I am. I think I might write about the challenge of law and order.
CALLIOPE: Sounds interesting.
JOE: I hope so. And so to work.

(Alley's Store- Chilmark, MA)

1 comment:

Alexander said...

I recon, you will be interested to read my e-book "AN ORDINARY BLACK CAT" available in my website www.catyourway.com Have a look and please do let me know what you thought.