Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. How was your trip?
JOE: Great. It's always nice to spend some time in New York, especially with Mike and Joe. The wedding was excellent, about the fanciest I can remember attending. It was at the Yale Club and had a great view of the city from the 24th floor roof in addition to everything else.
CALLIOPE: What else did you do?
JOE: Carol and I were a little more laid back than usual since we had four days to spend this time. We visitited St. John the Divine, or at least what was open after their fire several years ago. It was cavornous and quite interesting although not nearly as old as Westiminster Abbey. We also visitited the Guggenheim Museum which I had not seen since the 1960's. I still did not like it as much as any of the other museums in New York. But there were some good paintings.
CALLIOPE: Anything along creative lines for you?
JOE: Yes. Two things. I always feel energized visiting New York and came back ready to start again. I also ran into my publisher friend on the street who promised to explore some agents for me.
CALLIOPE: That must have been exciting.
JOE: It was. I plan to post him this morning and see what he can find for me. I think I probabaly need a recommendation to find an agent or somehow become instantly famous, which I don't think I can count on.
CALLIOPE: Well, you better get going while you are pumped up.
JOE: I agree. Talk with you later.

(Skylight- Guggenheim Museum, New York)

No comments: