Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Refocusing

(New Yorker Cartoon)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Fine but still a little groggy from my trip.
CALLIOPE: Did you get much accomplished yesterday?
JOE: After writing our blog and posting my most recent newsletter, I started thinking about revisions in my website and continued reviewing The Gift of Years. That's about it.
CALLIOPE: At least you got something done.
JOE: True. Today is fairly busy. I have yoga this morning to refocus my mind and a trip to Batavia this afternoon to drop off a copy of my book and do some shopping.
CALLIOPE: Any plans for literary activities?
JOE: I would like to work some more on my website revisions. I also have a radio interview to post on my Sliding Otter Website.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like enough for today.
JOE: I think so. I am beginning to realize that there is no pressure to get things done. My livelihood doesn't depend on it. I can work at my leisure.
CALLIOPE: That's a nice feeling.
JOE: It is. I was frantic for too many years.
CALLIOPE: And now?
JOE: I can just enjoy the process of what I am doing without the necessity of working on a schedule. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: