Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Parts is Parts

(Morning Rain- San Juan)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Okay, I guess. I went all winter without a cold and today I am struggling with one. My head is a little foggy today.
CALLIOPE: Will it slow you down?
JOE: I think it already has.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about it.
JOE: Yesterday I was working on my column for this Saturday. I talked with you about the idea last week, "Lessons from a Nude Beach."
CALLIOPE: Yes?
JOE: I thought it would be an easy column to write. I had a few clear ideas in my mind and thought I could compose a coherent column with ease.
CALLIOPE: Not the case?
JOE: No. I found the ideas harder to put into words than I realized and ended up with some disconnected observations which did not form a coherent piece.
CALLIOPE: How did it end up?
JOE: It didn't. At least not yet. I decided to put it aside and work on it today.
CALLIOPE: Is it still waiting?
JOE: I think of it as aging or marinating. I will get it out when we are finished and see whether I can pull it together. I'll let you know the results tomorrow. Talk with you then.

No comments: