Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: I'm ready to go for the day.
CALLIOPE: What's on your agenda?
JOE: My first priority is to complete reports from police candidate screenings I did yesterday, one of my few remaining psychological duties.
CALLIOPE: Then what?
JOE: I have a column to write for Saturday and also a writers' meeting tonight in Brockport.
CALLIOPE: Have you decided on anything to read tonight?
JOE: I did just this morning. I had planned on reading a story I have been revising, but decided to do something different.
CALLIOPE: Are you going to tell me?
JOE: Hold your horses. I'm getting to it. I was reading last night about personal essays and realized many of my columns were of that genre. I decided to write one about the chandelier in the mall and also take the column for review tonight at my writers' group.
CALLIOPE: You have never submitted a column to the group?
JOE: No. I have almost always taken a book chapter for review. Lately I am working on writing style and I think this might be a good chance for input on my recent efforts.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good plan.
JOE: I think so. I'll let you know you know how it goes tomorrow when we speak.
(Moorish Castle- Gibraltar)

No comments: