Thursday, July 17, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Quite well thank you.
CALLIOPE: How did work on the column go yesterday?
JOE: Smoothly. I started out writing the text since I did not know what the title should be.
CALLIOPE: Did the title arrive in time?
JOE: Just as I finished the column. Thanks for the inspiration. Learn to Appreciate Music as a Common Language seemed perfectly appropriate. I'm not sure if it will show up in exactly that form in the newspaper.
CALLIOPE: Why's that?
JOE: I wondered about my columns being retitled almost every submission and started working harder to find appropriate titles. I finally inquired and learned that they adjusted the title depending on how much space they had rather than for any other reason.
CALLIOPE: Quite interesting. So what's on the docket for today?
JOE: I had planned to record Are You Afraid of This Book as promotion for The Pastor's Inferno yesterday but didn't get to it. I couldn't face you this morning with nothing in hand so I recorded a draft of it this morning.
CALLIOPE: So it's not finished?
JOE: No. I plan to record several other drafts until I am happy with it. Maybe some day I'll move toward professional recording but not right now.
CALLIOPE: Why not now?
JOE: Financial considerations. But maybe in the future. Back to work. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: