Saturday, July 12, 2008

Conversations with Calliope-Dialogue with My Muse


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today.
JOE: So far, so good. Carol and I had a delightful breakfast and are ready for the day's events.
CALLIOPE: Which are?
JOE: Her first gig in a parade as Fuzzy the Clown. She's a little concerned about the predicted heat but we have water planned along the way just in case.
CALLIOPE: What else?
JOE: Pat and Dick invited us to their pool later to refresh ourselves after the parade.
CALLIOPE: Any literary adventures planned today.
JOE: Not particularly. I don't think I'll have time for any formal activities. I plan to take my camera to the parade to see if I can spot any characters or incidents worthy of note for future reference. That's about it.
CALLIOPE: So, a little break from writing?
JOE: Indeed. I think it helps every once in a while to step back and look around to see what is happening. I noted several unusual characters at concerts the past two nights. Unfortunately I forgot my camera last night to record the most unusual.
CALLIOPE: What do you mean by unusual?
JOE: Very strange body types as if a person were constructed by committee using spare parts. Also combinations of clothing left over from the show, What Not to Wear.
CALLIOPE: What do you plan to do with these observations?
JOE: I would like to use them as characters in my short stories and perhaps as minor characters in my novels. Time to start observing again. Talk with you on Monday.
(Oatka Festival Parade- Leroy, NY)

No comments: