Saturday, May 02, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Paper or Plasma


(At the Penthouse)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: Pretty good. I woke up early and today's blog topic stuck in my mind.
CALLIOPE: Did it?
JOE: Don't be coy. I know you put it there.
CALLIOPE: Okay. So what did you think?
JOE: It's catchy and timely. I have been wondering about it lately.
CALLIOPE: Tell me.
JOE: Last Sunday at a penthouse party in New York I discussed with people the advent of several e-book readers and their potential effect on the publishing world.
CALLIOPE: Do you think that's a good thing?
JOE: Like anything new, it's a mixed blessing.
CALLIOPE: What about for you?
JOE: I like the feel of books and am used to holding one while reading. I also like seeing my favorites around me as I write.
CALLIOPE: I understand the emotions. How about practicality?
JOE: That remains to be seen. I like the idea of having information at my fingertips and being able to carry a library with me. The jury's still out as far as I am concerned. Talk with you Monday.

No comments: