Friday, May 22, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Laying Floors and Writing Books


(Giacometti Sculpture)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Still in somewhat of a trance.
CALLIOPE: On what account?
JOE: I just came in from the back porch, sitting with the warm spring breeze, clear blue sky and the birds' morning serenade as I sat writing in my journal.
CALLIOPE: Did you come to any realizations?
JOE: Only that I am grateful to God every time In find myself amid the wonders of nature.
CALLIOPE: Well said. What about today's blog title?
JOE: Last night I volunteered to help lay a laminate floor.
CALLIOPE: What did you learn from the experience?
JOE: It's not so easy. Jerry and I agreed there must be some easy ways to do it, but between the two of us we weren't able to arrive at them.
CALLIOPE: What does this have to do with writing?
JOE: Although there are quite a few ways to approach laying a floor, there is only one way it should end up. With writing, there is no one right way to do it. Many approaches and final products can entertain and enlighten readers.
CALLIOPE: Was that a revelation to you?
JOE: No but the floor provided a good reminder. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: