Monday, May 25, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- The Gift of Time

(Big Ben)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I thought you might take today off in honor or Memorial Day.
JOE: No, I'm up early.
CALLIOPE: What thoughts entertain you today?
JOE: Who, not what. I read Julia Cameron's thoughts about time in her Vein of Gold.
CALLIOPE:Tell me about it.
JOE: She talked about the excuse most of us find from time to time not to create. “If I only had more time!”
CALLIOPE: Sounds familiar.
JOE: It is. I tend to wast time wishing I had more of it instead of using the small chunks which come available to create something even on a small scale.
CALLIOPE: Where do you lose out the most.
JOE: In visual art. I find time to read, write and photograph. Ten feet from where I sit wait my drawing and painting materials, gathering dust while I procrastinate.
CALLIOPE: What do you plan to do about it.
JOE: Redefine my time requirements.
CALLIOPE: How?
JOE: By using small chunks of it to create something even if it's only a beginning rather than a finished work.
CALLIOPE: Go for it.
JOE: I will. Wait for tomorrow's report.

No comments: