Thursday, May 21, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Juggling Words


(Columbus Circle)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What news?
JOE: A surprise in my inbox.
CALLIOPE: What was it?
JOE: An email from William Safire thanking me for my post about the word marriage and welcoming me as a Lexicographic Irregular.
CALLIOPE: How nice. Did that make your day?
JOE: It did. I have always enjoyed his New York Times language columns but have had difficulty finding them due to limited distribution of the Times in a small town.
CALLIOPE: Is there any way you can still find access?
JOE: Interesting you should ask. I found a link to notify me by email when he publishes anything. I am looking forward to keeping up with his comments.
CALLIOPE: What else is in the fire?
JOE: I sent in my column about the word marriage which will appear in Sliding Otter News this Saturday (request a free subscription at jlangen@slidingotter.com)
CALLIOPE: What else?
JOE: I am finalizing my article on Finding God in Nature.
CALLIOPE: Where will that appear.
JOE: In a forthcoming book, Meeting the God of America by Christian Schall. I'm trying to be patient. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: