Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Ars Gratia Artis


(Fishing Nets)

JOE: Good Morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. Welcome to a new week.
JOE: Thank you. You will be happy to know that I followed through on my art commitment.
CALLIOPE: I'm all ears.
JOE: I found a brief period to work on drawing and sketched a lighthouse in my handmade paper notebook.
CALLIOPE: Were you satisfied with it?
JOE: I aimed to draw not to reach perfection. I enjoyed the process and tried not to judge the outcome.
CALLIOPE: Good move. Was that it?
JOE: I enjoyed it so much that I went back later to practice painting in the style of Linda LeKinff, an artist I have liked for some time.
CALLIOPE: Did you stay with the experience here too?
JOE: I did and for a longer stretch of time. I also worked with matching colors, not an easy task at least until I get more practice.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you're back into it. By the way, being a Greek Muse, I'm not quite sure about the translation of your blog title.
JOE: It means "Art for Art's Sake."
CALLIOPE: I thought so. On with the show.
JOE: I agree. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: