Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Teen Project

(Teens at Cancer Walk)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I hope you enjoyed your birthday.
JOE: I did. Many well-wishers sent their regards. Carol and I got out on our cross country skis and her niece Erin came for dinner last night. All in all a delightful day.
CALLIOPE: Any more thoughts on the teen book?
JOE: I was mulling over a title earlier this morning. I would like to include the ideas of idealism and anxieties, both of which seem prominent in teen thinking.
CALLIOPE: Did you come up with a title?
JOE: Not yet. The idea is still percolating.
CALLIOPE: What did you learn from your visit with Erin?
JOE: She is a senior in college and about ready to face the real world. It reminded me of being her age and having the same mixture of idealism and fear I just mentioned.
CALLIOPE: Sound's like you're on the right track.
JOE: I think so. I plan to do some more exploration of the topic of writing for teens.
CALLIOPE: Any specifics?
JOE: I am perusing some teen sites and will also look at some books popular with teen to explore themes of interest to them.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good approach.
JOE: I'm glad you agree. On to the day's work.

No comments: