Thursday, January 08, 2009

Commonsense Wisdom- Good Fortune

(Cavorting with Carol at Mardi Gras World)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Feeling good. I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. I received some scratch off lottery tickets for my birthday. One of them left me a hundred dollars richer.
CALLIOPE: What do you plan to do with the money?
JOE: I am inviting Carol and her brother and sister in law who gave me the tickets out to dinner.
CALLIOPE: Don 't you have something more practical you can do with the money such as invest it in your publishing efforts?
JOE: That would be a possibility. However I believe in sharing good fortune. I am trying to think of others besides myself.
CALLIOPE: Noble of you. Are you always that way?
JOE: This is a philosophy I try to share in all my writing. I don't think my words are worth much if I don't walk the walk as well.
CALLIOPE: I can't argue with you there. What's going on in your publishing world?
JOE: I'm working on contacts. I set up two lunch appointments for next week.
CALLIOPE: With whom?
JOE: One is with a local author. I would like to share ideas with him regarding local marketing which I have neglected so far. The other is with a former psychotherapist who now writes among other things. He contacted me and we seem to be kindred spirits.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like good progress.
JOE: I think so. I will be spending today with my brother who is visiting from Honolulu so I'm not sure how much work I'll get done today. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: