Friday, January 23, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Social Marketing

(Schooner- St. John)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: A little befuddled.
CALLIOPE: How so?
JOE: In my attempts to understand the marketing world, I seem to understand less the more I read.
CALLIOPE: Any specific concerns?
JOE: I've been pursuing social marketing as I understand it. I see some people using internet contacts merely as a way to peddle their wares and solicit customers.
CALLIOPE: What's your approach?
JOE: I would like to interest others in what I do but also want to share with them what I have learned about life and work together for the common good.
CALLIOPE: Sounds noble. How do you go about it?
JOE: I try to make sure my posts are of benefit to those I address rather than just asking them for something.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about your befuddlement.
JOE: I am starting to make a fair number of contacts. The problem is that I'm not sure I can keep up with them all. Many of them are just names at this point.
CALLIOPE: So what's your plan?
JOE: That's just it. I don't have one. In theory I would like to be selective about which groups I belong to so I can be an active part of the ones I choose. I wonder how others approach this concern and would like to hear from them. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: