Monday, January 26, 2009

Conversations with Calliope-Perfection and the Beam in Your Eye


(Muir Woods, California)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What's this about a beam?
JOE: I was reading the newspaper yesterday and noticed all the criticisms people come up with regarding public figures.
CALLIOPE: Including our new president?
JOE: Especially him. It seems some are looking for any flaws they can find.
CALLIOPE: And the above title?
JOE: I was reminded of the bible passage, "Why do you see the speck in your brother's eye but fail to see the beam in your own eye?"
CALLIOPE: I see. Where are you going with this?
JOE: I plan to use this theme for the column I am writing this week.
CALLIOPE: What will be the message?
JOE: Take care of your own business before looking at others' shortcomings.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good focus. Good luck with it.
JOE: Thanks. I've got a lot to do today. Time to get to work. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: