Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Life Without Caffeine

Resting in Barbados
(Resting in Barbados)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: It's a little hard to say.
CALLIOPE: Why is that?
JOE: Last week I had two doctors' appointments. I had several cups of coffee before the first one and had fairly high blood pressure. I did not drink coffee before the second appointment and my blood pressure was lower than it has ever been before.
CALLIOPE: And your conclusion?
JOE: The obvious one that my blood pressure and caffeine are connected.
CALLIOPE: Why the sudden concern?
JOE: I was able to discontinue my blood pressure medication earlier this year after I lost weight and would prefer not to start it again.
CALLIOPE: I see. So where do you stand now?
JOE: I gradually decreased my caffeine over the past week. Yesterday was the first full day with no caffeine.
CALLIOPE: Any ill effects?
JOE: Just headaches which left me today and restless sleep. I think I'll make it though.
CALLIOPE: Best of luck with your experiment.
JOE: Thanks. Now to see whether it affects my writing. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: