Monday, January 11, 2010

Conversations with Calliope- A Full Week

Cable Car- San Francisco

(Cable Car- San Francisco)

It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy. The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted.
~ Mary O'Connor

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What are you up to today?
JOE: I just finished my journal and wrote about how much I have to do this week. It's a new feeling for me after so many years.
CALLIOPE: Better than being idle. What's on your plate?
JOE: At noon, I have a meeting to discuss a book project for a non-profit organization. I also want to contact a book printer for quotes on this project, Marital Property and two books I have had listed for POD sales.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a lot for one day.
JOE: Then there is my column due Saturday but which I would like to at least start today.
CALLIOPE: You said something about writing on the topic of waste.
JOE: I did. I just haven't decided just how to approach it.
CALLIOPE: Any ideas for it?
JOE: When I least expected it, I think in the middle of the night, it occurred to me to use nature as a guide for how to dispose of waste.
CALLIOPE: I've never heard that idea before.
JOE: Neither have I. That's what excited me about it.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a challenge.
JOE: I'm ready for it and everything else in my mind. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: