Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Conversations with Calliope- Art Infrastructure

Before Dawn(Before Dawn)


I like making work in my studio day in and day out, but I'm not so interested in the business side

~ Jenny Saville


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I missed you yesterday.
JOE: Couldn't be helped. I wanted to finish my column for this week on Nature and Waste and just made it to work on time.
CALLIOPE: How about when you got home?
JOE: My eyes were bleary from working on the computer all day.
CALLIOPE: Are you refreshed this morning?
JOE: I am and ready for more.
CALLIOPE: So you are part of the art infrastructure now?
JOE: Indeed I am. I never realized before what happens behind the scenes. Readings, performances and exhibitions are all that is obvious but much more takes place in the background.
CALLIOPE: Glad you have come to appreciate it. What part are you playing right now?
JOE: Working on announcements and invitations to art and music events and archiving information about past events.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you are being productive.
JOE: So am I. It makes me appreciate how many people contribute to the arts besides individual artists.
CALLIOPE: Are you ready to get back to it for today?
JOE: I am. Talk with you later.

No comments: