Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Conversations with Calliope- Busy, Busy, Busy


(New Orleans Tugboat)

It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference.~Tom Brokaw

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Gook morning Joe. You've been making yourself scarce lately.
JOE: I can't deny it. My life is suddenly awhirl.
CALLIOPE: What did you do yesterday?
JOE: I started by taking my car for an oil change so it doesn't grind to a halt. I watched a movie. Then I went with Carol to cash in on a Christmas gift, Restorative Message for Two. Finally I represented GO ART! at the Volunteer Fair put on by AmeriCorps.
CALLIOPE: I thought I might hear from you later yesterday.
JOE: I thought you might too, but alas I ran out of energy.
CALLIOPE: At least you are keeping busy. How was the Fair?
JOE: Great. I got to know a few of my fellow AmeriCorps volunteers better as well as meeting some old friends and representatives from community services and agencies.
CALLIOPE: Sounds exciting.
JOE: It is exciting. I'm glad to taking more of an active part in the community.
CALLIOPE: Back to GO ART today?
JOE: Yes. I'm ready for more adventures.

No comments: