Saturday, August 01, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Recharging

Rock's Secrets


(Rock's Secrets)

JOE: Good afternoon Calliope.
CALLIOPE: I assume your arrival at this late hour reflects your efforts to restore yourself.
JOE: If you mean was I sleeping until now, I wasn't. I've never slept that late in my life.
CALLIOPE: Don't get defensive.
JOE: I'm not. I was up before 6:00AM. But I have been relaxing, at least a little.
CALLIOPE: What did you do?
JOE: Read two newspapers, completed a crossword puzzle, fed the birds, fertilized my plants and flowers, walked to the farmer's market and started exploring Google Checkout as a possibility for my website.
CALLIOPE: A good mix of activities. Anything else to report?
JOE: Yesterday I continued reading Nicole Mones' book, Lost in Translation.
CALLIOPE: What interested you in that book.
JOE: I saw the movie based on it and wasn't particularly impressed. I found a copy at our library book sale and decided to try it.
CALLIOPE: What's it about?
JOE: The story of an archeologist and his translator in search of the lost bones of Peking Man.
CALLIOPE: Any surprises?
JOE: One. The substory is about Pierre Tielhard de Chardin, a Jesuit priest who helped discover the controversial skeletal evidence. That's a story I will share with you on Monday. Talk with you then.

No comments: