Monday, August 31, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Book Publicity

Erie Canal Lock

(Erie Canal Lock)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What's afoot this morning?
JOE: I was just thinking over my weekend.
CALLIOPE: Were you satisfied with it?
JOE: I enjoyed all the socializing and even got a little work done.
CALLIOPE: Such as?
JOE: Distributing my book announcement to my readers, thinking about my next book and planning my publicity.
CALLIOPE: Tell me more ab out the publicity.
JOE: I will notify all my contacts on various sites, do some videos for Youtube and ask for an announcement in the local paper.
CALLIOPE: What focus do you plan to take with the newspaper?
JOE: Distributing my book for free, it's format as a dialogue which is unique as far as I know and what goes into being a writer.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good start. Do you ever pay for advertising?
JOE: I haven't yet and don't think that is a very efficient or productive approach at least for me considering the cost.
CALLIOPE: So you plan to rely more on word of mouth.
JOE: I do. At least for the time being. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: