Saturday, April 14, 2007

Registering a Compliment


Several years ago I searched for a comfortable pair of sandals and was consistently disappointed until I found a pair at a big box department store. I was very happy with them and stopped by the customer service desk one day to tell the clerk I would like to register a compliment. She had no ideal how to react to such a thing. She stammered and seemed quite flustered. I decided my attempt was more trouble than it was worth. This week I had a problem with my car insurance and called the company which happened to be based in Hartford. I had some reservations about getting the problem solved easily long distance. I was pleasantly surprised to find an agent who pleasantly, efficiently, quickly and professionally resolved the issue in a matter of minutes. Since I could not easily visit the office, I sent an e-mail to the customer service counter complimenting the agent and received a grateful reply within a brief time. Maybe times have changed. I hope so.

No comments: