Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. What's new with your writing?
JOE: Glad you asked. Yesterday was a busy day. I worked carefully, for a change, to make sure my submission was in the correct format. Then I converted my manuscript and synopsis of The Pastor's Inferno to PDF format and sent them off to a New York eitor who agreed to review the project.
CALLIOPE: Sound exciting. Is it?
JOE: Yes, it is. I have been working on this project since last November. I have had the idea for much longer than that but could not figure out how to do it.
CALLIOPE: What do you mean?
JOE: I had originally wanted to write the book as a series of interviews with abusive priests, but realized the cost would be prohibitive in my current circumstances. Then I had the idea of doing it as a novel and suddenly saw it as within my resources.
CALLIOPE: That's quite a switch. Have you ever written a novel before?
JOE: No. I have done a series of short stories over the years but never attempted a novel before.
CALLIOPE: So how do you think you did?
JOE: I am not exactly unbiased, but I think it turned out well. I guess we shall see how it is received.
CALLIOPE: I guess we shall. Now what?
JOE: My excitement about this project is carrying me forward and I am anxious to get on with the next project.
CALLIOPE: Which is?
JOE: Another novel tentatively titled, Marital Property. I'll tell you more about it next time.
CALLIOPE: Can't wait. Talk with you then.

No comments: