Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Fall Fling

Fall Fling


(Fall Fling)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Feeling productive.
CALLIOPE: Tell me more.
JOE: I finished my current column about the Fall Fling.
CALLIOPE: Which is?
JOE: A community event hosted by City Church in Batavia. They had booths providing information to needy people on services available in the community. They also gave away an enormous amount of food, clothing and household goods donated by businesses, agencies and individuals.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like quite an experience.
JOE: I found it heartwarming. I have become somewhat cynical about how much people even notice struggles their neighbors endure.
CALLIOPE: That's a nice feeling.
JOE: It helped restore my faith in humanity and caring for fellow members of our human community.
CALLIOPE: Do you think selfishness is on the wane.
JOE: I don't think so. But at least there are corporations and individuals who do care. At least there is hope.
CALLIOPE: So now what?
JOE: It's time to keep reminding people of their struggling neighbors and to do what they can. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: