Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Beyond the Self

Crawford Creek


(Crawford Creek)

JOE: Good afternoon Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good afternoon Joe. I wondered where you where.
JOE: I was attending the aforementioned funeral.
CALLIOPE: How did it go?
JOE: As well as can be expected for a funeral. Nothing I didn't expect.
CALLIOPE: Did you finish your article about weddings and funerals?
JOE: I finished it this morning. I wasn't quite sure what I would say but woke up this morning and found the title as well as the gist of it on the tips of my fingers. All I had to do was type it.
CALLIOPE: Strange how that just happens sometimes.
JOE: Don't be coy. I know about you muses and your ways.
CALLIOPE: Glad you appreciate us.
JOE: I do. I try to keep paying attention but sometimes my mind wanders.
CALLIOPE: Keep doing your best.
JOE: Another interesting thought. Sometimes I wonder how good I am but then I recall what Julia Cameron said about doing your best regardless of what you think about yourself.
CALLIOPE: Authenticity usually comes through somehow.
JOE: So I have come to understand. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: