Saturday, February 23, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good afternoon Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good afternoon Joe. I was wondering if you would show up today.
JOE: Oh, ye of little faith. I am still dragging around from the cold I picked up on vacation. I'm still not quite back to normal.
CALLIOPE: So what have you been up to?
JOE: I did some more running around yesterday to finalize my phone business. I won't have a regular phone for a couple weeks and will have to make do with my new cell phone.
CALLIOPE: What about incoming calls to your regular phone?
JOE: Fortunately I can retrieve them from the computer or through my cell phone. However, it's a pain.
CALLIOPE: Any work on your writing?
JOE: No actual writing, but some progress on marketing.
CALLIOPE: How so?
JOE: Social sites were recommended in a book I read recently. Instead of working on an overall marketing plan as I had intended, I set up a site and a My Space group for psychological fiction. Then I did some surfing and discovered My Space seems to be a playground for teens and young adults. I haven't yet figured out how I could use it, but I will do some more work on it.
CALLIOPE: What are your plans for the weekend?
JOE: I will follow my course intended for yesterday. I plan to review the marketing information I have and try to set a comprehensive plan for the near future. I hope I do better than I did yesterday.
CALLIOPE: I hope so too.
JOE: Off to work. Talk with you on Monday.

(Batavia Recorder Group)

No comments: