Thursday, September 03, 2009

Conversations with Calliope- Business Plan

Oatka Creek Bridge

(Oatka Creek Bridge)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. Where do things stand today?
JOE: My computer seems back to normal and functioning well. I finished posting online announcements of our book, Conversations with Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good progress. Now what?
JOE: My friend Dick has pointed out several times the advantage of a business plan. It's like taking a trip without knowing what transportation you will use or what roads to take or how much it will cost.
CALLIOPE: Is that something new to you?
JOE: No. I have had plans for my psychology business and have made some cursory attempts at a business plan for my writing.
CALLIOPE: But?
JOE: But I don't like to think of what I do as a business.
CALLIOPE: What are the associated consequences?
JOE: I enjoy writing but am not making any appreciable money.
CALLIOPE: And you think you could with a good business plan?
JOE: I don't know of any businesses which make money without one?
CALLIOPE: Where does your reluctance come from?
JOE: I think from living in a monastery for a while with a vow of poverty. Maybe I haven't gotten past it yet. But I guess it's about time. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: