Thursday, August 07, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse



(Cape Neddick Lighthouse- Maine)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Still a little vexed from yesterday.
CALLIOPE: On what account?
JOE: My backup computer caught a virus which took me a while to erase.
CALLIOPE: Where did it come from?
JOE: Strangely enough it seemed to be living in an anti-spyware program I downloaded.
CALLIOPE: Odd. But now it's fixed?
JOE: Seems to be. My main computer should be back shortly, but I have spent an inordinate amount of time on technology lately.
CALLIOPE: Have you had time to do anything else?
JOE: I painted yesterday (Cape Neddick Lighthouse, Maine) as well as doing some weeding of my apartment.
CALLIOPE: What have you found?
JOE: Old files I no longer need, clothes I don't wear any more and books.
CALLIOPE: Is it hard to let go of books?
JOE: That's the most difficult part for me. I have quite a collection of writing related books which I think I will keep as well as some of my favorite fiction which I keep for sentimental reasons. I could always borrow the fiction books from the library if I need them again. Still it's hard to let them go. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: