Monday, February 26, 2007

Reminiscences of Childhood


I talked with my brother today and got into discussing some of the old times. We got to wondering why we did some of the things we did and why we didn't do some of the things we would have liked to do. I seemed to forget that we acted in terms of what we know and thought at the time. He reminded me that we did what we thought best at the time and did not know then what we know now. I would have liked to do some things different as a child and a teenager but I did not have the awareness to know what the alternatives were. When it came right down to it, the alternatives I have available now just were not known to me then. We can speculate on what might have been but what happened took place because of the context in which we lived at the time.

No comments: