Friday, July 14, 2006

Car Touching

I was at another concert last night featuring Big Wheelie and the Hubcaps, active in the Buffalo area for many years. They played many hits from the fifties and delighted everyone with old memories. It was hard to find a place to park. I did find a spot just big enough for my car close to the park. It was on Main Street and was a little busy as I was maneuvering into the spot with my somewhat rusty parallel parking skills. In the process, my back bumper touched the license plate of the car behind me. Out of nowhere rushed the owner, concerned that his prize possesion may have been marred. It wasn't. He brushed off a spot on his bumper where he thought my car might have touched his. He did not want any of my dust on his car. Then he left in a huff and advised the owner of the car in front of him that he should check his car for damage as well. It reminded me of the relative values we all have. I was left with one thought. If he died tonight, how much would my car touching his matter?

No comments: