Thursday, November 13, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Lightship- New Bedford)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: A little bleary.
CALLIOPE: Too much proofreading?
JOE: Exactly. I don't usually do this much concentrated reading in one day.
CALLIOPE: How did you approach it?
JOE: I divided it into chapters and worked one at a time. Then I took a break to rest my brain and eyes.
CALLIOPE: How far did you get?
JOE: I have finished the first four chapters. It seems like slow going.
CALLIOPE: Slower than other tasks?
JOE: It seems so. It was easier selecting columns and pasting them into the manuscript. Now I am poring over words and grammar to make sure it sounds right.
CALLIOPE: That does seem like work. Have you come to any decision about outside readers?
JOE: I am leaning toward putting out a request to my column list to see if anyone is interested. I haven't done it yet but think I might.
CALLIOPE: What's keeping you?
JOE: I'm not sure. But I'm getting on with my own revision and need to make a decision soon. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: